View Single Post
Old 06-05-2015, 10:29   #375
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
Sounds like the problem is not that drive but something on another drive that's causing Windows to be unable to (safely) write a boot partition or boot loader. Isn't really new to Windows 10 (although the non-descript error may be)
Well, I downloaded 10074 (or whatever the latest build is) the other day, installed it on freshly created partition and it's working well now. A little slower than Windows 8, but I have Windows 8 installed on a 256gig SSD and Windows 10 on quote an old HDD, so it's not really a fair comparison.

It worked well enough that it picked up everything apart from my GFX and Sound Cards. A quick visit the Nvidia website sorted the problem with the GFX card and although they aren't advertised as compatible, the Windows 7/8 drivers for my sound card work fine.

I'm seriously thinking of replacing Windows 8 with it.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote