Thread: Ram speeds OC
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2017, 01:45   #3
Matth
Inactive

Services: BB:M, TV:XL, Phone:M, Loyalty
Matth has reached the bronze age
Matth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze age
Re: Ram speeds OC

There are two meanings to RAM OC:
1. The RAM is overclocked above it's normal speed - I'd be surprised if they did that
2. The RAM is higher speed, and is supported by an overclocked chipset - very common

On my system I have "DOCP" DRAM overclock profile, to allow the Phenom II 965BE to run the 1600 RAM at 1600 instead of default 1333.

Adding RAM may cause it to drop back to standard profile, so the option may need resetting - for Intel, the term is usually XMP - extreme memory profile
Matth is offline   Reply With Quote