Old 03-09-2017, 23:24   #5
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Trying to sort freeview

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie1985 View Post
Hi all,

Hope i'm posting this in the right area.

I've just signed up to VM broadband with the 3.0 hub and phone line, but no tv. I was under the impression that the tv signal was sent down the same line, so if this was connected to a freeview box, I should get tv, but I don't.

How I've done my set up, The white VM cable from VM box in the wall into my splitter then 1 cable into my broadband hub 3.0, and the other cable from my splitter into my freeview box. I've done scans on my freeview box and not found 1 channel. What have I done wrong? How can I fix this?

I'm happy my new cables i've bought work as I've used these direct from the white VM box on the wall to the VM broadband hub and my internet works.

Thanks in advance for any help.
In the analogue days I believe that people could connect their VM cable straight into their TV to receive channels 1-5.

If your TV has a built in cable tuner you may be able be able to tune into the FTA channels, is this what you were thinking of?

This, however, is against VM t&C's and others have said that this may cause noise to go onto the network and affect your neighbours.

You get less than Freeview anyway, so if I were you I'd do as others have said and connect your TV to an aerial.

As you have a phone line from VM, I believe that you can have the basic TV service for free, however, as you'd have to take a TiVo PVR this would usually cost an extra £5 per month.

As SP says, maybe give them a call to see if they will do you a deal as you already get two services from them.

Let us know how you got on
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote