View Single Post
Old 30-09-2015, 11:32   #6
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Probs with my freesat-signal lock failed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffan4540 View Post
Hi Chris,

I thought I should have re-tuned the Freesat box. I have unplugged and plugged in. Since I noticed the LNB cable seemed broken to me I have replaced it with a new one (same model just longer) which I have plugged in exactly the way I have plugged the previous one. Other than that no other changes. The LNB cable is a dual one as in the past. One part is (socket ) is plugged in TV and the other part in SAT 1 exactly in the past. Any idea of the problem?

Kind Regards
FAUSTA

---------- Post added at 09:43 ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 ----------

Hi Arcimedes,
Many thanks for this reply.
When I bought the previous TV, according to the freesat scheme I found in the TV box I had to plug both scart and HDMI. Yes I did get satellite aerial screwed in fully by using some connectors when I bought my previous TV. I do not really understand why if it worked before it does not work now.

Hope this will help. Please let me know what it is your opinion.

Kind Regards
ffan4540
If you have a dual LNB, with two cables coming into the house, then both of those cables must be plugged in to the back of the Freesat box. There is no point plugging one into the back of your TV because your TV can't do anything with the signal it receives direct from the LNB.

If you have a Freesat PVR (i.e. one that can record stuff) then it won't function to the best of its ability if you only feed it one cable. In fact, if you feed it only one cable, and then you don't set it up to run in single-tuner mode, it may not work at all.

It sounds to me as if you have performed a full re-set of a Freesat PVR box, but you did not select single-tuner mode during the installation and tuning process. Before we go any further, however, can you tell me the make and model of your Freesat box.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote