View Single Post
Old 03-04-2016, 18:47   #1628
MUD_Wizard
Inactive

MUD_Wizard is a splendid one to beholdMUD_Wizard is a splendid one to beholdMUD_Wizard is a splendid one to beholdMUD_Wizard is a splendid one to beholdMUD_Wizard is a splendid one to beholdMUD_Wizard is a splendid one to beholdMUD_Wizard is a splendid one to beholdMUD_Wizard is a splendid one to beholdMUD_Wizard is a splendid one to behold
Re: [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
My point being is you're suggesting a pensioner that struggles with computers ditches Windows, and I think that is the wrong way to go, considering I know how Tinky has struggled over the years. I am not saying Linux is bad but think for Tinky they wouldn't attempt such a change.
Where did I say to ditch Windows?

I said "Take a holiday from Microsoft issues, as I've done. So happy I did that.

Install Linux Mint 17.3 Cinnamon in a few minutes and use it straight out of the box, for whatever you want and become productive again. Then reinstall Windows 10 at your leisure.

<links>

You can access the Windows volume from Linux Mint easily to make a copy or backup any of your files you want before you re-install Windows.
"

Advising to dual-boot so you have more options isn't telling someone to ditch Windows... they then have a choice (and an extra recovery mechanism), which they didn't have before.

You'd be surprised how far some Linux distros for the regular user have come in the last few years. Some of them have Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8.1 desktop choices now.

I wouldn't be advocating Mint if it wasn't so like Windows 7 that you didn't feel you had left Windows. I have to keep reminding myself I'm running Linux by remembering I don't need Anti-virus anymore! What a joy.

I will get back to Windows 7/10 for my re-install at some point and some gaming and then to maybe add a third boot for a developer Hackintosh setup.

Windows users since MS-DOS.
MUD_Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote