View Single Post
Old 06-12-2010, 00:38   #3206
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimt View Post
The Naked Gun 3 - 7/10

Not as good as the other 2, but it was still awesome. So over the last few days I've watched The Naked Gun Trilogy, Life of Brian and Airplane!. Now I need something else to watch, someone recommended watching The Holy Grail.
Not a film, but if you can track it down, Police Squad! (the series upon which Naked Gun was based) is worth a watch.

My film this week? London Boulevard. Excellent film in which Colin Farrell plays a London gangster who comes out of prison and is hired by David Thewlis to protect a reclusive actress (played by Keira Knightley).

Well acted, particularly by Colin Farrel and Anna Friel (who plays his drug and drink addled sister). Both of whom do excellent London accents (I was actually surprised to hear Anna Friel doing a London accent because I've never heard her speak in anything but a Rochdale accent).

Keira also puts in a good performance. She uses her own accent (not sure if she can do any others) but is believable in her role. Ray Winstone is also wonderfully threatening, although he does play the role the same way he often does.

If I have to pick a complaint it's in the spoilers.

Spoiler: 

The ending is a little predictable, so lacks (IMO) the shock value it needs.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote