View Single Post
Old 29-03-2017, 18:46   #1
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Separate wireless network for my guests

I need to create a separate wifi network for guests in my B&B. Giving them access to my own wifi is no longer tenable - people's expectations have raced far ahead of the speed of our broadband (about 3.75Mb on a good day).

I have BT with their Hub 6, which does not have the facility to create a separate guest network.

Therefore my wish is to buy a second router and set it up so that guests access it with a password and then get limited bandwidth.

Can anyone recommend the best router to do this - ideally one that will connect to my BT hub wirelessly so I can place it well away, and closer to the guest accommodation. I don't need a wide range of features, just as long as I can limit the bandwidth it dishes out.

Ideally I don't want to have to muck about with custom firmware either - ideally my chosen router will deliver adequate controls out of the box.

Any thoughts or ideas? Ta!
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote