View Single Post
Old 31-12-2004, 14:09   #16
iron25
Inactive

iron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful one
Re: Do i need a router?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadman_uk
Im still failing this test!!!

I still really need help, why am i getting 4 bad things on this test (http://www.securitymetrics.com/portscan.adp) and why are none of them stealth... all my friends have stealth!

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stepha...portscanlog.htm

Here are the 4 things that are open

SSH - Secure Shell (SSH) uses encryption to secure information sent over a network. While it typically improves security there are numerous problems with older versions of SSH which may allow brute force attacks.

DNS - Domain Name Services are used to tell other computers what your IP address is. There are several exploits associated with this service.

HTTP - World Wide Web services allow you to publish web pages to the Internet. There are hundreds of severe security vulnerabilities associated with this service. Keep your WWW server software updated.

HTTP Proxy - HTTP Proxy provides a way for a hacker to pretend to be your computer. Others who may have been hacked may see your computer address and want you to justify why you hacked them.

It listed possible fixes and for the SSH port 22, it said update to the latest SSH which i did, i downloaded SSH Secure Shell Client and installed but it still comes up as danger.

For the DNS port 53, it said rt click network icon & select properties\rt click local area network icon & select properties\select TCP for your nic & click properties\click advanced button\click DNS tab\remove check next to Register this connection's address with DNS" - then disable DNS Client Service.

I did that but it still comes up as danager and the port is still open!

any idea how to fix these error things? im really worried, i dont want to get hacked (if i am)

I'm sitting behind a router and I have sygate installed, I clicked on the link and I got the same danger status as you did and I don't see being a problem. I don't even have ssh running on my pc!
iron25 is offline   Reply With Quote