View Single Post
Old 08-07-2016, 19:32   #5
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: IP Camera Set Up

I don't want to sound too harsh but this is what happens when you buy cheap stuff. Routers (isp supplied or otherwise) are always setup with an ip of 192.168.1.1 (like my Linksys routers) or 192.168.0.1 (as with the shubs). In your case it sounds like a default gateway/subnet has been set in the camera software and although you would expect to be able to change it the fact that you can't leads me to believe that poor development costs have either resulted in them writing the settings into the software which can't be changed or there is a bug in the software which they haven't fixed which won't let you change it.

Either way, the only way round it as Matt said is to change the ip addressing scheme for your network to bring it in line with the settings on the cameras. Your pc shouldn't care to much because all the addresses are going to be managed by the shub. The problem you are going to have is whether the shub lets you do it or not. 3rd party routers will let you change the address completely as well as the subnet mask but the shub's used to be set in concrete. On shub1 you was stuck with 192.168.0.1, I don't know if that has changed now.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote