View Single Post
Old 05-07-2016, 22:28   #1
trevrpb
WeatherManTrev

Services: ultimate oomph bundle M500
trevrpb is just really nicetrevrpb is just really nicetrevrpb is just really nicetrevrpb is just really nicetrevrpb is just really nicetrevrpb is just really nice
IP Camera Set Up

Hi,

Hope this is right place to ask this.

Purchased a cheap, no brand IP Camera, but having a nightmare with trying to set up.

The IP search software that came with the camera, finds the camera, when attaching to the Superhub2. It is recognised as 192.168.1.10, subnet mask 255.255.255.0 Gateway as 192.168.1.1...and this is where my problems start..I can't get any further. I believe the Gateway should be192.168.0.1, but after changing this, then selecting 'Modify' on in the software, i get 'Set gateway failed'. Could this likely be a fault with the software/camera...or am i misunderstanding the gateway to use ?

If i go to the web and try to connect to the webcam on 192.168.1.10 i get page not found...so something certainly isn't right.

I'm tearing my hair out....well I would if i had any.

It's all the more embarrassing for me as I'm a Software Test Analyst by trade, so work in IT and build my own PCs, so I'm no technophobe!!

Any thoughts/ideas are welcomed

regards

TrevP
trevrpb is offline   Reply With Quote