View Single Post
Old 25-03-2015, 11:50   #307
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

Should be installing Windows 10 again tomorrow night (I won't tonight as I am busy).

I did have it installed to a VHD and had the VHD available as a boot option on the menu, but I'd been having trouble booting to this.

So, I tried to install Windows 10 to an actual partition. I have an SSD and a couple of HDDs in my PC. The SSD doesn't really have enough space to install Windows 8 and Windows 10 on, so I was going to install it to a new partition on one of the HDDs. It wouldn't install as none of my HDDs are apparently GPT partitioned, and they all have data on I cannot lose.

Ended up backing up one on to an external HDD, repartitioned it then copied the stuff I actually needed on that drive back to it, On the plus side, it freed a lot of space.

Haven't tried to install Windows 10 yet, but I plan to tomorrow.

Why am I not trying it on a VM? I have, and have been impressed. I want to see how it performs on a physical machine now, with drivers and everything to contend with.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote