View Single Post
Old 20-11-2021, 09:35   #5
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: New TV but its not 1080p...or is it?

You can have a 1080p panel and inbuilt tuner that isn't anywhere near it.

We have a TV in the kitchen that's capable of 1080p (1920 x1080p) if you use the Input sources, but only has a SD Freeview tuner in it. I can watch content via my old Roku using HDMI and it'll be 1080p if the provided content is. It's from 2010/11, but you get my point.

Most TVs even when they aren't 1080p are usually an in-between resolution, not as low as 720p, and they downscale from 1080p (or 1080i of broadcast HD) and upscale from SD. There can be things on the box that actually mean the set can accept 1080p Input signals, but doesn't display them that way.

Does the box model number actually match the website? There could've been a wrong product pickup in the warehouse. You do hear about people ordering a large item and getting a small thing in the box from Amazon.

---------- Post added at 09:35 ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 ----------

For example I followed your link the last post and the Compare With Similar Items section of the page has a 32 inch Toshiba 2021 model, with a VERY similar model number, and it says it's 720p.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Toshiba-32W..._t2_B08ZNN7YZV
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote