View Single Post
Old 29-01-2017, 19:36   #37
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Sky Discovery (potential) switch-off (technical)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Oh silly me ofcourse my bad i forgot that any company associated with Malone can do no wrong to you dear sir, although social media states otherwise regarding Discoverys behaviour in trying to get sky customers to phone skys customer service which in turn creates problems for genuine enquries getting through.
But silly me must have rose tint glasses on eh?
If Discovery are so confident they are worth as much as they want then why don't they go it alone?
Oh that's right because not many would subscribe to their reality tv crap (excluding eurosport as that has it's own player).
But hey ho i'm the one with rose tinted glasses on, time you took your head out of the sand young man.
I don't think that personalise this debate will do any good at all.

The facts are that (Discovery say) they have been charging Sky the same since 2008 and have only now increased the price despite having increased the number of channels over time.

(Sky say) that audience figures have declined and Discovery have not been sufficiently proactive in providing on demand services (but Discovery say) they were actively prevented by Sky from providing more on demand services.

Obviously, two sides to the argument, so rather than portraying this as Murdoch v Malone, a more careful evaluation of the facts might be more appropriate.