View Single Post
Old 18-08-2023, 17:25   #30
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Using a SIM instead of standard broadband

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I considered this before I went into care as it was the cheapest option (before I clarified that the care home had WiFi).

I don't know if any of the others had this clause, but it did say that it must not be used in place of a fixed broadband connection and that action would be taken if this was found to be the case.
It’s illegal for them to stipulate that. EU net neutrality laws which have been retained in UK law state that mobile providers are not allowed to tell you what you can and cannot put your SIM in once you have it. You can take out a phone contract and legally put it in a 4G modem. If Smarty does take ‘action’ then you have a valid compliant to put to Ofcom.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote