View Single Post
Old 13-10-2017, 02:11   #2984
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj20x View Post
Finding other slots for Sewing Quarter and Quest Red +1 could release a 24/7 slot on Freeview. Presumably, these part-time and placeholder channels are on short term contracts using "spare capacity". These were filler slots, previously sharing capacity with BT's promo channel. As BT have moved the promo channel, it would be better for Arqiva to sell it as 24/7 capacity. Also, COM 6 has 15 TV channels, compared to 16 on COM 4 & 5, so a little reorganisation of the radio / audio only channels would allow them to squeeze in an extra TV channel. Sure, video quality would take a hit, not something that has worried them with COM 4 & 5.

COM 7 & 8 have spare capacity and 75% coverage which seems ideal for trying out a new FTA channel.

Dropping Dave Ja Vu to a part time slot, using its Freeview capacity for a new channel is a tried and tested method of bringing new UKTV channels to Freeview. I suspect that Dave Ja Vu would attract more viewers than Eden, so it would be a risky strategy.

If UKTV does plan to bring extra channels to Freeview, I would expect to see a reorganisation of their channel portfolio for it to be viable.
+ 1 channels should always be regarded as fillers! I mean, how many of us can't record these days?

I wait to be enlightened!!

---------- Post added at 01:11 ---------- Previous post was at 00:59 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Sky Sources say that BBC Radio Cymru 2 is now testing on Sky ahead of it rumour November launch date.
I'm sorry, MB , but if this is the best you can up with, then I think your deal with VM sucks. They seem to be using you, which is a criticism of them, not you, by the way.

There must be a substantial amount of detail that's coming soon that they are not telling you.
+
They are not telling you about their plans for UHD, exclusive material, apps such as Amazon or anything we actually want to know, so is this deal you have with VM actually working?

Some of us reckon they are playing you. Do you think there maybe something in that?

Just sayin'...

By the way ( and not incidental) thank you for the work you do.

Last edited by OLD BOY; 13-10-2017 at 02:19.