Thread: Cricket The General Cricket Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 21:00   #46
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal
Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal
Re: Cricket

I think whoever won the toss and chose to bowl first today would win, and that was Australia. The batting display would have been very embarrassing for England if it wasnt for Pieterson and Solanki and the bowling display was embarrassing, Gough 37 off fours overs! Surely his last England game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget
TBH, I don't really see the point in this little 'tournament' at all. I mean, the triangular tournament was a bit of a joke (although I did take a certain satisfaction in watching Bangladesh beat Australia ), but just having a few one-dayers before the tests start is asking for burnt-out players.
I dont think theres much chance of players being burnt-out, county sides play about five days of cricket a week for six months straight! So the players should be used to playing this much plus they do have breaks in between all the test matches.