Thread: UK Timeline Schofield
View Single Post
Old 31-05-2023, 21:34   #9
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Schofield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
It could matter, for Schofield, if it turns out to be true that he has known this young man from a very early age. 12 yrs old allegedly. The accusation is that Schofield essentially groomed the young man. Now there is no accusation of any underage sexual activity, but there is certainly a power dynamic. Schofield being the person in position of power and wielding influence, enough to get this young man a job and screen tests on This Morning.

The implications being, if this was a man in his late 50’s doing this with a 16yr old girl, well ……say no more.

It’s also alleged that it is the affair with this teenager, as he would have been a few years ago, that forced Schofield to come out, of which he was lauded for being so “brave” by everyone. Even though he was a razors edge away from noncing it.

So those that claim “nope” and nothing to see here, are collegiate in the study of wilful blindness.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-65769939

Quote:
Dame Carolyn said there had been "a lot of inaccuracy" in reporting, adding the former employee Schofield admitted to an affair with had been offered support by the broadcaster.

She said: "The ITV employee was aged 19 when he first did work experience at This Morning... and 20 years old when he applied and succeeded in securing a job as a runner on the show."
Everything else is prurient speculation - Schofield’s behaviour was completely inappropriate, and should be roundly condemned, but the stories in the tabloids are all "claimed", "sources say", "the Mail has been told", and "ITV insiders" to whip up a frenzy to sell papers and raise outrage.People using emotive terms like "the affair with this teenager, as he would have been a few years ago" and "a razors edge away from noncing it." just show what they do works with some…

As posted earlier in this thread

Quote:
the tabloids love any insinuation of sexual impropriety and have gone at it with enthusiasm.
Remember, these are the same tabloids who did this…

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/uk/ente...y-is-so-gross/

Quote:
Emma (Watson) said: "I remember on my 18th birthday I came out of my birthday party and photographers laid down on the pavement and took photographs up my skirt, which were then published on the front of the English tabloid [newspapers] the next morning. If they had published the photographs 24 hours earlier they would have been illegal, but because I had just turned 18 they were legal."
To clarify any potential doubts on my views on this, if Schofield did groom the young man, he should be prosecuted - but the current tabloid witch-hunt is what the "Nope" was referring to..
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 31-05-2023 at 21:49.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote