View Single Post
Old 02-01-2018, 21:03   #314
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Crisis in the NHS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
It's a shambles Mick and I hope your nephew gets better soon.

This has been coming for a long time, the NHS has been relying on luck. It's wake up time for the general public, if you want an NHS you're going to have to pay more tax. It's a message the Tory party won't give as they are quite happy to see it fail, and cut taxes for the rich. Even if they have private health care many don't realise they'll get transferred back to the NHS if they are seriously ill (sometimes having to endure life threatening transfers between hospitals).
I have no problem paying more tax for a better service, but why is the the default position? Why not consider the German or French models, which work well, and the funding comes from multiple sources, including taxation?

Something needs to be done, but just to roll out the old shibboleths stops progress - we need to think differently, with a growing aging population.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote