View Single Post
Old 26-06-2017, 21:59   #57
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze
Re: Queens Speech (Government Plans) 2017

As I have said elsewhere and in threads on here, money can always be found if the motivation is for it to be found, but of course the tories will now have to deal with the money tree jokes given what they were claiming about labours manifesto.

With the triple lock staying, winter fuel payments staying, pensioners can be happy their favouritism continues but as I said, it means the election was pointless, the agreed policies are in line with what cameron had in his 2015 pledges.

Also from what was posted in this thread the DUP are only going to back brexit and security votes? this will be a testing 5 years much more than the lib dem coalition.

---------- Post added at 21:59 ---------- Previous post was at 21:55 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Interesting how when May's spending money it's bribery but when Corbyn's cronies are promising huge spending in order to get votes that isn't bribery at all...
To me this election just embedded my long term feelings which is we now have no society, people just are out to look after themselves and family.

Corbyn knew the tories have the pensioners sewn up although he tried to get them anyway with his triple lock promise, however the young were fair game, so his sweetener to them was the tuition fees issue. Other parts of his policies were just for the good of the country such as social housing and public services investment.

The tories probably have had the largest share of vote a minority government has ever had, and labour may also have the largest share of vote a losing party has ever had, as both achieved good results, the key thing to take from the election tho is the shift in voting intentions, currently the tories are been propped up by the over 60s, all other age groups are not favouring the tories, it was a generation battle election.