View Single Post
Old 27-12-2016, 01:28   #4
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: Youtube slow to start

Also worth noting Firefox updated recently too, browser wise etc. That's what I generally use.

It slapped me in the face though as follows.

My theory is possibly ad blocking related. So if you could both post back browsers and whether some form of adblock extension is in use.

It's simple thinking really. You load a video that should have had a 4-5 second ad. Ublock or Adblock picks it up, blocks it and rather than see this ad you get a 5 second blank screen in which nothing happens. There's variables of course such as ad length varying and thus a longer pause.

Firefox and Ublock here.

As it's recently, one could support YouTube making changes or the extensions changing thus something that worked before is now broken. Some videos play instantly of course because there's not an ad on every single play. They're every so often unless on sponsored content pages. Adblock detection is on the rise too.

Naturally this all falls to crap if neither of you use an ad blocker.

No issues on Android or TV. Although both of which use dedicated APK's but lack ad blocking.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 27-12-2016 at 01:43.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote