View Single Post
Old 16-01-2016, 18:42   #411
rhyds
Inactive

Services: Plusnet Phone/BB, Freesat, VM Business BB (Cable)
rhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What have you fixed lately?

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Unfortunately with a modern car the screen is now a structural part of the vehicle and needs to be replaced properly to maintain the crash integrity of the car.
To be honest its not a big issue (£75 excess and finding time to sort it). Even if it was a metro style screen held in with a seal I'd still get it done by pros. Me and a mate tried to get the screen out of a Rover 45 once (a bonded in unit as you mentioned). It took the best part of an hour and we still managed to chip the edge. Once it was reinstalled it cracked within a very short time.

I just hope the insurance don't get sniffy about it being a heated screen unit and expect me to pay extra.

---------- Post added at 18:42 ---------- Previous post was at 18:33 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
I'd hate to think how much some of these fancy panoramic screens cost to replace.
I remember hearing once that one of the big Vauxhall panormaic jobs could cost over £1000 to replace.
rhyds is offline   Reply With Quote