View Single Post
Old 10-02-2017, 17:38   #25
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone
Re: Do you use Kodi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I will probably install it at some point, so I can rip my DVD library and serve it to our Fire stick rather than keep mucking about with discs all the time (which the kids just leave all over the floor).
That's good, but I can suggest another solution that's cheaper and doesn't involve Kodi
Rip your DVD's, stick them on your computer

Get something like WIFI PC File Explorer Pro

Install it on your pc & your android phone

Now we have the ability to read files from your computer via your mobile phone

Get as many Chromecasts as you have TV's (I use 5)

Install Allcast or similar on your phone

I know it sounds a bit cumbersome, but it's not.

You now have the ability to stream any file on your PC (including your Ripped DVDs) to any TV in your House. Which is nice because if you go the Kodi android box/Firestick route, it's one device per TV, this way you can distribute to your entire house, using the PC as a media server, the chromecast as the receiver and the phone as a remote control.

Best of all, there's no 'dubious legality' issues.

I also have Kodi installed on my PC & set top box as well
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote