View Single Post
Old 26-01-2017, 20:09   #81
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Films to see in 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
Agreed, the attempt to compete is pretty hopeless and moving backwards to separate universe trilogy's like Nolans Dark Knight trilogy would suit them so much better as you've said. Still can't find myself disagreeing that The Dark Knight is pretty much the greatest superhero movie made over both DC and Marvel. Nolan is still around too looking over things Snyder does but it still doesn't feel great. Marvel don't get it their own way either though. I feel like Age of Ultron was quite overrated. The introduction to Ultron set Ultron up to be an epic Villain, the Disney quotations in a twisted way was an epic scene... It just kinda tanks from then on in.

Another problem I see for Marvel and probably relates to your comments about micromanaging is how massive their merchandise base has become, Disney of course doing absolutely everything possible to make sure they have everything of absolutely anything to sell to kids and adults alike. They need those on screen characters doing exactly the right thing.

All in all, Chris Nolan and Heath Ledger combined in the second movie of a trilogy and absolutely smashed it. The greatest on screen Joker I've ever seen.
Well exactly. I think it's hard to rate writers and directors of Superhero movies when the studios have so much influence. As you say there is the problem with merchandise but also future films, contracts and so on. The writers are given characters they need to introduce, rough estimates of screen time, where characters need to be in order to fit into the universe (they can't kill anyone off without a businesses decision being made) and other things they need to happen in the film. They get given these blocs they need to fit into a film. Where Nolan got a clean sheet of paper they're given lego.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote