View Single Post
Old 27-09-2017, 18:16   #451
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Government & Post Election Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
I don't think you can compare the conferences. The Labour conference allows more member-led proposed debates and motions than the Tory one which is almost entirely (if not completely) scheduled by Tory HQ. The Tory party can quickly shut down any off-script proposals or debates. Labour don't have the same ability plus it's a bigger membership before you even include all the trade unions and affiliates who turn up too.

So I don't think it's fair to compare a smaller, more controlled, conference to a larger free-for-all conference.
I think it's fair to expect the Labour party to expose and root out the extremists and racists amongst them during their conference whether they have direct control or not. The trouble is that these people are seizing control of the party and propping up Corbyn, McDonnell et al and that's why nothing's being done about it. Nasty, intolerant, hypocrites.