Thread: Bitcoin
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2017, 12:12   #15
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Bitcoin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtx View Post
I'm a noob when it comes to bitcoins, know just enough to get by.

1) Yes
2) https://www.coinbase.com/ (as mentioned before, turn on some 2 factor auth option)
3) No
4) Sending bitcoin there is something called a miners fee, like an amount to make sure other computers on the bitcoin network process the payment. Offline wallets like electrum can work out the charge for you and coinbase should do the same.

As for buying from an exchange such as Coinbase, I assume it's a bit like changing foreign currency where there may be a percentage charge. Never actually purchased bitcoin myself, mine have all come to me by other means.
5) It can leave the wallet immediately but usually for the rest of the bitcoin network to accept it's gone, it needs confirmation by a couple of different servers. This happens quicker the higher the miners fee is. Also if the fee is too low, it might not actually get processed.
6) No idea. My bitcoin are completely anonymous though and not pulled any out to a real bank account yet. Used it to buy services and put invest a little in some other crypto-currencies too, so all in limbo for me
Thanks for the reply much appreciated.

---------- Post added at 12:12 ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
You can for £5,200 :O
The price has started to drop a little now, but 1 month ago the price of a bitcoin was only around £3800 and 6 months ago it was just £1500 so this is the reason i am a little interested in having a dabble, i just need to be brave enough to buy something.

Atleast you don't have to buy a full Bitcoin as 1 Bitcoin can be divided into 100 million parts making it cost effective to take the risk.

Last edited by SnoopZ; 11-11-2017 at 12:22.
SnoopZ is online now   Reply With Quote