View Single Post
Old 24-04-2017, 21:39   #19
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Full-House/Maxit Sports & Movies, 100Mb broadband, Talk Weekends.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of
Re: Outage TW7 - No TV Etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I agree that you shouldn't get a poor service, Arthur, but using Indian call centres off peak reduces bills. You get what you pay for, I guess. Would you be prepared to pay more to have all CS in the UK?
Yes I would be, although equally VM could promote it as a USP - in mobile, EE do exactly that since a couple of months. As an example, I bank with First Direct - some of their interest rates for savings etc, can very easily be beaten. But for service, they are top-drawer and their telephone service plays a huge part in that.

A couple of other posts have mentioned about moving your service to a firm which uses UK-call-centres. In other industries and having weighed up the whole package, I have done exactly that in the past. Not practical with cable services.

The main issue I have found on multiple occasions, is with reporting OD faults. Offshore only seem to understand "my On Demand isn't working", and go down that avenue. It's rare for them to understand a "missing asset" explanation, and even when they do it ends up taking twice as long as a UK agent would. With all-out loss-of-service type issues, they seem ok.
japitts is offline   Reply With Quote