Thread: Football The Scottish Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 08:57   #43
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Re: The Scottish Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
A deliberate act to evade tax. An act that was stated by HMRC as being illegal.
So when are any of the old Rangers management and board up in court if they are guilty of tax evasion?

---------- Post added at 08:57 ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonRoad View Post
The club that finished second in the SPL are currently undergoing the final stages of liquidation. Any monies due to them should be going to the creditors pot. I'm sure once BDO move in they might have a similar view. I suspect the SPL are aware of this which is why they're not splashing cash that may not be theirs.
The money was waived on the understanding that the SPL cover the outstanding footballing debts, Rangers have signed statements to that effect. When the new holding company took Rangers membership and agreed to take the debts the SPL went back and started to claim that they were responsible for the debts. I believe they backed down when it was made clear they could get another kicking in court and make FIFA even more angry.

The 2 mil is floating about, I wouldn't be surprised if its being used to fund the totally impartial investigation into Rangers. Harper McLeod aren't coming cheap.

It is nice how, out of all the law firms in Scotland, they appointed the same one used by Celtic and whose major partner is often seen at Parkhead, no conflict of interest there at all.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote