View Single Post
Old 20-05-2019, 13:20   #801
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Linear is old tech - on demand is the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
And that has exactly what to do with what people like to watch on Sky.

Most people don't care who produces the content they either like it or not.

Sky buys lots of third party content in from the States and other countries.
The quality of which is not as good. All the really good stuff is going to streaming.

It's funny that in an attempt to prove me wrong, only one show - Game of Thrones - could be named, and that isn't even owned by Sky! Says it all, really.

It will be interesting to see what is on in its place. More repeats of GoT, no doubt!

---------- Post added at 13:20 ---------- Previous post was at 13:17 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Precisely.
It was an irrelevant comment you highlighted there, jfman. My point was that the TV companies will have to start producing their own material to survive, as BBC and ITV were doing.

And the answer to that is that Sky are showing HBO's Game of Thrones! Proved my point, really.