View Single Post
Old 23-07-2008, 14:22   #4
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Freesat versus Virgin V+

Quote:
Originally Posted by STONEISLAND View Post
Phone the helpline today to enquire about the free sat STB as I want one that records. There not out yet but will be at the end of the year.

I cannot wait as this will save me a fortune as all I watch is BBC, ITV, C4 and BBC HD, bonus to get ITV HD as Virgin do not offer this.
All this for nothing a month.

I think when this box does come out it will be a big kick up the a$$ that V+ need to get there HD content sorted.

Anyone agree?
I've edited your original thread title, there were a few too many Vs in it for clarity ...

Top of my Crimbo list this year is the Panasonic Viera TV with built-in Freesat tuner, so no STB required:

http://www.johnlewis.com/230483473/Product.aspx

However a Freesat-enabled PVR is a close second, and I'll be buying both together if budget permits.

I'm not really interested in VOD, as you have said, that's what the ability to record stuff for yourself is all about, and when you have a PVR rather than the limited space on a DVD recorder or on old VHS tape, you can afford to set the thing to save everything you might possibly want to watch for days in advance.

VOD of course means you don't even have to remember to set up a recording, but personally I don't think it's quite the vast leap forwards it's made out to be.

Anyway it's all a little academic for me, I'm off-net so I can't get cable. Only Virgin ADSL in our house. I'm an ex-sub of Sky, and I still have a standard Sky SD box, but I can't wait to ditch it for Freesat.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote