View Single Post
Old 17-10-2017, 21:16   #16
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Would you prefer to have Sky Atlantic instead of BT Sport in Full House/XL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
If Sky Atlantic replaced BT sport my TiVo would get thrown out of the window with the Ashes coming up !
Can get Sky Atlantic, via Sky Go, mostly imported US crap. Think the only thing I've watched on is Alan Partridge. It's an irrelevant question anyway , the whole point of the channel is that it's for Sky customers.
I was told yonks ago that Sky did offer it to VM, but at a hugely inflated price than the norm for non premium channels. IIRC it was something like 17/18p per customer per week as opposed to the normal 2/3p. Sounds trivial, but it's a lot when added together for each VM customer.

Maybe Sky have relented as their costs have increased and subscriber base has plateaued and VM have agreed to use the money saved from BT Sport to appease customers in providing the only major channel missing from the platform??

I remember when Sky asked for silly money to keep all their basic channels on VM, then, when anyone serious about defecting to Sky would have done so, they played ball with VM again.

Maybe it's the same with SA?

By the looks of things so far, it looks like most people would prefer to keep BT Sport in Full House, but BT may not be giving VM the choice either by vetoing it or asking for too much money for it to be feasible to continue with the present arrangement.

The additional rumour may be because BT are attempting to encourage customers to pay a standalone subscription by throwing in Boxnation and AMC.

A quick Google shows that on VM BT Sport is £18 per month and Boxnation is £11 per month, so Boxnation subscribers would be paying £7 extra for all the BT Sport channels and AMC which isn't too bad.

However, those who wanted to keep BT Sport (perhaps BT are relying on people being used to having it now) would have to pay £18 for Boxnation & AMC- not so good. I suppose that they could get this figure down by moving down from Full House if 'free' BT Sport was their only reason for taking the top package.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 17-10-2017 at 21:20.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote