View Single Post
Old 02-05-2018, 20:23   #1990
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom View Post
What an absolute PITA.

Eventually got the laptop working correctly again.

After waiting about ten minutes I finally got the Event Viewer to load and it eventually displayed the error logs. Lots of DCOM 10010 and 10016 errors reported.

Did a scan with SeaTools for Windows which was clean.

Finally bit the bullet and using the Update and Security/Recovery options rolled the PC back to the previous version of Windows and it is now back to normal.
You can't stay there forever, i don't recommend it anyway, give it a while and try again after waiting to see if others have a similar problem.

---------- Post added at 19:25 ---------- Previous post was at 19:18 ----------

Strange problem for my desktop since updating Windows 10.

Powering off from the start menu shuts the PC down like normal but when i try and start it again by pressing the power button nothing happens, so i have to switch the power supply switch off on the back for 30 seconds to make the power button work again.

If i power it down by pressing the power button i can then start it again by pressing the power button, i don't use sleep or hibernation so i am well confused....

---------- Post added at 20:23 ---------- Previous post was at 19:25 ----------

So after it not working 20 odd times from my testing, i put it into sleep mode and since then shutting it down has worked several times on the trot, so not sure if i still have an issue or not.