View Single Post
Old 28-01-2017, 15:08   #3935
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Post-Brexit Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Staying in is NOT the status quo. History has taught us that there is serious mission creep in the EU. We joined a common trading block in 74 and just look at what it has become. Another 40 years and the UK would be unrecognisable as a separate country. The phrase "Ever closer union" is not just some words. It would have serious implications on all aspects of our society, social services and health care.
It's academic but no way would the UK have agreed to deeper integration. That's another original project fear.

---------- Post added at 15:08 ---------- Previous post was at 15:06 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Yes the relative risk of being in control of our laws, economic policy etc etc as opposed to the risk of having them dictated by single-minded Eurocrats who've proved themselves to be utterly intransigent for decades. I know which risk I perceive to be the greater.

How many foreign companies will need/want to open up offices in the UK when we're out of their club? It's not going to be a one way street so let's not pretend it is.
Remind me of the number of banks relocating operations to the UK? None.