View Single Post
Old 30-07-2017, 12:02   #10
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: UFC 214: Cormier vs Jones II

Jon Jones wins the LHW title with a TKO victory over Daniel Cormier. I thought he'd have been rusty but damn is this guy unique, could be unbeatable. Not sure why he'd want to fight a guaranteed doping violation in Lesnar though. I see him winning anyway, Lesnar couldn't survive the kicks, knees and elbows and Jones won't allow the fight to go to the ground so Lesnar can avoid taking punches. Make no mistake, Jon Jones is now what Anderson Silva was considered to be, the guy is so versatile and almost impossible to figure out.

Tyron Woodley retains against Maia in a dull fight, the second dull fight on the bounce from Woodley, this had the potential to be a dud from the offset though, Demian never wanted to trade with Woodley and shot takedown after takedown whilst Woodley was hesitant to throw himself off balance with shots. Woodley isn't as exciting as Champion, doesn't have that same hunger now he's the champion.

Cyborg wins a lopsided fight, woman had some chin on her but she got tagged again before just caving in to a vicious knee. There's no one in UFC that can trade with her and she's now champion of a division that absolutely no one will willingly step up to.

Robbie Lawler scraped a win over The Donald in a slugfest, could've went either way after a round a piece and a very close third round. I'd have called it a draw personally.

Jimi Manuwa got finished in 22 seconds, after the talk and the calling out of David Haye, he then goes and makes a fool of himself, getting rocked multiple times from a clinch? How he saw himself banging with David Haye is beyond me.

Besides the Woodley fight, an enjoyable PPV, one of the rare ones I've bothered to watch the entire card.