View Single Post
Old 06-04-2017, 23:36   #1822
mart44
Inactive

mart44 has entered a golden reputation eramart44 has entered a golden reputation eramart44 has entered a golden reputation eramart44 has entered a golden reputation eramart44 has entered a golden reputation eramart44 has entered a golden reputation eramart44 has entered a golden reputation eramart44 has entered a golden reputation eramart44 has entered a golden reputation eramart44 has entered a golden reputation eramart44 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

I managed to download the Creators Update early and have clean installed it. The system is more or less built up to requirements and works OK. Quite a few possibly unwanted games and Apps are installed by default. I uninstalled most of them. The ones that wouldn't uninstall were taken off the tiled Start Menu.

I went carefully through the options and turned off anything that might have been related to advertising and haven't had any ads showing up.

The Control Panel looks as if it has been omitted at first glance but it is still there (type 'control panel' with the Start Menu open). It can be pinned to the Start Menu and from there, to the Taskbar. It might be possible to put it back where it used to be but I haven't found how yet.

The options to resize text only (menu, icon etc.) have been removed. It would have been better to have left them in. I don't like zooming all screen elements to more than 100%. The sizes of icon text, menu text and others can still be resized but it has to be done via .reg files (available from the Windows 10 Forums). Seems pointless to have left the controls out of the Personalise options.
mart44 is offline   Reply With Quote