View Single Post
Old 22-11-2017, 16:02   #164
buckeye
cf.addict

buckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nice
Re: Linear is old tech - on demand is the future

As someone who's viewing is 99% via streaming services I've found buffering is a thing of the past with a couple of exceptions, both Eurosport and NFL Gamepass upgraded (outsourced) their services to Bamtech this year and for a while both services were awful treating their paying customers as beta testers.
The NFL did the decent thing and issued a partial refund and since then I have to say the service has been top notch.
Eurosport didn't answer any support tickets and as far as I can tell only fixed their website as I cannot even login anymore on my Fire TV's let alone get any buffering and the app on my Android phone only works intermittently, I'm glad I only paid them £20 for a 12 month subscription and I certainly wont be paying them full price when my sub runs out in January!
Now TV, BT Sports and my US services (Fox, NBCSN and ESPN) all work absolutely perfectly without issue (he says touching a piece of wood so as to not tempt fate lol)

@alwaysabear It is very easy and cheap to bypass the UK blackout on NFL Gamepass, even though I have Sky Sports I do it all the time as I cannot stand Sky's NFL coverage, I don't think I can say too much in the open but if you already have access to a VPN or DNS service you should be good to go.

Latency is an issue with streaming sports as all services are 20-30 seconds behind their broadcast equivalents, but this is only a problem if you are avidly on social media during an event or a very near neighbour is watching the same thing as you and you can hear their cheering.