View Single Post
Old 30-01-2019, 10:36   #88
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Las Vegas: Mass shooting in Mandalay Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
BREAKING: FBI concludes its investigation into the deadliest mass shooting in modern U.S. history without determining a motive. After nearly 16 months, the agency says it can't determine why gunman Stephen Paddock killed 58 people in October 2017. Source: Associated Press.
While I don't believe in a God or the Devil as such, I do believe there is Good and Evil in the universe. I also believe that neither necessarily has a reason. Sometimes people are good for no reason other than being good, and sometimes people are evil for no reason.

I don't know enough about the man to judge whether he was merely evil, or he had some sort of problem that caused him to do this. A lot of serial killers do it because they are often the sort of men (and it is, sadly, usually men) who people don't notice, and they want to be noticed, even if it involves the death of them and others. Sometimes the reason has to do with their upbringing, Sometimes the "reason" is something mundane, like the song, "I don't like Mondays". I put the word Reason in quotes, because I think that often those who give mundane reasons like that because they don't know the reason, or don't care, and just make something up.
Sometimes, there is no reason.

What I do know is that I think America has a problem with guns (almost an addiction), and I think that is likely helping increase the number of mass shootings.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote