View Single Post
Old 06-09-2017, 21:30   #2
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age
Re: Where's all my spam gone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
I'd been getting 20-30 spam and phishing emails to my main Hotmail/Outlook account for ages. The usual garbage ranging from Russian brides and FaceBook message warnings to Peruvian impotence aids and offers to join the Labour Party at a discount rate Mostly the messages were spoofed to appear to come from my own account and nearly all of them were clearly linked to a couple of website addresses.

Anyway a few days ago they suddenly stopped. I'm still getting a couple of random ones a day but the plethora of spam and phishing messages linked to these 2 websites have just gone and I'm wondering why. Has MS suddenly done something about what I know has been a problem for years? I haven't seen anything online about this so just wondering if anyone here can explain this change for the better.

TIA as always.
I've had a similar experience with an old (very old) BTinternet account that used to get loads of spam, all of a sudden a month or two ago it went down by about 90%. I'm not entirely sure why the account still works as I haven't used BT internet since dial up days. Perhaps there's a new spam algorithm all the webmail services get to share ???.
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote