View Single Post
Old 07-08-2006, 23:30   #52
andygrif
Inactive

andygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze array
andygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze array
Re: Formula 1 2006 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangebird
I don't support Button through F1 - Alonso has my interest more than anyone else. But as usual, a Brit does well, and out come the slaggers.
Have you heard of Specsavers? In one sentance you're calling me a 'slagger' (charming) and in the next you're quoting the bit where I said his win was "deserved".

And then you almost quote verbatim what W&C said which you had a go at him for. Are you having hot flushes?

And for the record, I was proud to heard the national anthem playing for the GP winner yesterday, and I was happy to see him win. It's just that being realistic, I feel it's unlikely we'll see it happening too often.

Basa puts his finger right on it...Button is great, one of the best, if not THE best of the rest. But he doesn't have the x factor (for want of a better description) that sets him above anyone else. And there's nothing wrong with that, Coulthard has made a great career out of being a solid great driver without being THE best and the race needs those drivers as much as anyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovert
I think we should also recognise another Brit's efforts in this race. No, I don't mean DC finishing 5th, good as his performance was. I refer to Anthony Davidson making his debut in the commentary box. He displayed the sort of techical knowledge that has become Martin Brundle's trademark. Well done Anthony!
Well I guess it's personal taste. Personally I like comentators to talk about the subject in hand rather than turning a discussion about another de la Rosa overtaking Shoemaker into a monologue about how great Jenson Button is. I know he's loyal to Honda and his drivers, which is why he should have been allowed nowhere near the commentary box.
andygrif is offline   Reply With Quote