View Single Post
Old 07-08-2006, 19:08   #51
rovert
Inactive

Services: Ex VM now P.O. BB & phone, Freeview.
rovert is on a distinguished roadrovert is on a distinguished road
Re: Formula 1 2006 Season

Why is it that in this country when any of our sportsman win something the critics come out to belittle their achievements? Schumacher was nowhere in the early stages and even though he got up to second he was overtaken by de la Rosa towards the end before dropping out. Alonso although in the lead would not have won this race as Jenson was catching him and would, in my opinion, have passed him. So Jenson would have won this race even if the main contenders had not dropped out. Let us not forget that he started in 14th and, in winning, beat Nigel Mansell's achievement of winning this race from 11th.

I think we should also recognise another Brit's efforts in this race. No, I don't mean DC finishing 5th, good as his performance was. I refer to Anthony Davidson making his debut in the commentary box. He displayed the sort of techical knowledge that has become Martin Brundle's trademark. Well done Anthony!

Perhaps we should also remember that that Martin Brundle started over 180 races without a win and Mark Blundell competed in 61 without standing on the top step. These were 2 great British drivers who went on to achieve wonderful things in other branches of motorsport. Jenson however has outshone them in the pinacle of motorsport - F1. So let's give credit where it's due. Great drive, Jenson.
rovert is offline   Reply With Quote