View Single Post
Old 05-09-2017, 12:35   #41
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
Re: Virgin Broadband still worth it?

That sort of happened to me. I didn't lose service but speeds dropped off. Seems engineer either called to another house to fix or a new install had swapped with my "good" connection to please their customer.

I think that having tidier boxes and better engineers now means things are done better so we all (in our street) get better service rather than relying on simple swaps at the cabinet.

---
On a related note my brother in law living out in the sticks was getting really, really poor speeds, much worse than expected. Eventually an engineer with some knowledge came out and found the connecting cottage and "nicked" or tapped onto one of his pair of connections for their ADSL. A simple snip to remove that and he got something much better.