View Single Post
Old 05-12-2023, 09:57   #47
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: Smart Meter, Yae or Nae?

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
So do you plug it in just before the meter reading is due and that's it? Then pay for the usage of that month? - That would work for me too.
I have smart meters but don't have the separate display. I either log in to see my usage on the website, or I use the app from loop which connects to my smart meters and I can check my usage at anytime. I don't worry or panic I've used to much, it just let's me see what's used. My meter actually updates usage almost hourly so I get a decent view of when I'm using the most energy and the app even gives an estimate to your phantom load(always on stuff)

Oddly though I get a monthly electricity bill but on gas it's quarterly from British gas.