Thread: Boxing MMA
View Single Post
Old 29-07-2016, 02:00   #186
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: Boxing/MMA

Quick updates.

- Amir Khan is still Amir Khan. His career is solely around money now and his love for boxing is as good as dead. Expect more ridiculous stunts.

Kell Brook vs Golovkin is still on. Wouldn't be shocked to see Brook pull out at some point. I still see this as an absolute nosedive. I see Brook showing great speed and schooling Golovkin for half a fight before Golovkin absolutely smashes him into a million pieces. Golovkin has the wolverine of chins and hands of steel. Carl Froch but faster, more powerful and never been on the floor. Dangerous guy.

Anthony Joshua is lounging about before expectedly taking on a mandatory amateur and again learning nothing and proving nothing. He really should be lining up Chisora or similar to really get a good slug fight going and really show us where he's actually at in the ladder.

Fury vs Klitschko is still on of course with a new date. Fury has to change up his plan and keep a step ahead of Wlad and he'll probably pull it off assuming he nullifies the lean of death again.

David Haye. Expected to fight Shannon Briggs earlier but that seems to he off. Bellew piped in but he doesn't really want anything to do with Hate at all, just piggybacking the name. The WBA title is now vacant and there's talks of giving Haye a shot at it vs Browne. So could end up with 3 UK champions by the years end.

Eubank Jr is in limbo at the minute much Khan hes trying to talk himself into money rather than improving as a boxer, he really isnt that good, both he and his dad are so beyond arrogant they actually believe the rubbish they come out with. They thought for whatever reason they deserved Golovkin. With Eubanks record I can't see any claim to Golovkin.

Conor McGregor vs Nate Diaz.

Expect McGregor to dominate a stand up fight for the duration. Can't see Diaz being stopped but I can see him facing a much more focused and disciplined McGregor that will leave him looking a state. At the same time I'm worried this will be rigged for a McGregor win if it went to points anyway. He's the cash cow. They don't want his hype to vanish. They want fights like Lawler and Aldo rematch to happen. Wouldn't be the first time a truly dodgy decision unfolded in favour of the bigger money fight.

Michael Bisping, talks of a rematch with Dan Henderson are running around. Would love to see it. Henderson's chin has quickly vanished and Bisping seems to be in some massive form and is by far the best pure striker in the UFC. Both could knock each other out.

Jon Jones and Brock Lesnar. Both are looking at suspensions. Lesnar wasn't getting any further than mid card fighters anyway, at 39 he hasn't got everything to offer in MMA due to a late entry but still.. He did more in less time than Paul Brooks has and is probably the best of the fighters that moved to MMA from WWE. Batista, lashley etc. Both are pretty awful. You just can't teach yourself to have a solid chin. Would've been nice to see Lesnar fight around the mid level though. Struve wouldve been funny. Lesnar would face a maximum 2 years I believe and a forfeit of some of his purse. Jones faces a lot worse given it being a second suspension now and could effectively be dropped by UFC.