View Single Post
Old 23-09-2017, 22:04   #201
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
£350m is our potential liability, given that our contribution liability could be reviewed to our detiment at a future date.
It can only be changed with the UK's agreement. https://fullfact.org/europe/350-mill...hority-misuse/

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Whether you are talking about £350 million or £250 million, that's still a huge amount of money.
The cost of EU membership is 0.3% of our GDP. That's far less than the decline in GDP that the UK is anticipated to incur when it leaves the EU. http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/...3600101#page=4

---------- Post added at 22:04 ---------- Previous post was at 21:59 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
No it not incorrect, the figure has varied widely over the years and crucially, it would be around 376M in 2022/3, had we stayed in.

The attitude of some remainers is desperation clinging to the 350M figure being banded about and claiming it was a lie by the Vote Leave Campaign. I think it is totally disengenuous for remainers to keep allocating this as a scapegoat in to why Brexiteers voted the way they did. As repeatedly stated at nearly every time this, done to death argument comes up, my intention to vote leave was made years ago.
I'm going with the impartial Factchecking service on the key argument on this point in preference to the tax haven, billionaire-owned Spectator magazine. Call me old fashioned
Regarding the rest of your statement, it was actually Derek Cummings who credited the £350m pw as winning the referendum. He headed up Vote Leave and therefore I doubt he would not like to be called a remainer!
And as Ignitionet has patiently explained, it was the Statistics Regulator who pulled Boris up, not remainers. He's required to do that as part of his job .(Sir David Norgrove, that is, not Ignitionet.)

Last edited by 1andrew1; 23-09-2017 at 22:57.