View Single Post
Old 29-08-2017, 19:52   #2703
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
Re: Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
But then there is the Culture differences - I have worked with/opened up outsourcing in India, China, and Vietnam, and the challenge with the Chinese and Indian outsourced resource is "face"; they don't want to contradict you/let you know things aren't going well, so you have to have lots of resources involved in checking/planning/rechecking.

That's why most companies don't outsource their Project Managers/Solution Architects/Network Engineers/Business Analysts - keep the management/oversight in the country, coding outside (and there are still issues with that model).
I agree with your cultural point to a degree. Most of my team are in India, some are in China and the rest in the US. There are some higher level "Project Managers/Solution Architects/Network Engineers/Business Analysts" in India (less so in China) and as you point out, the most are in the US (HQ specifically).

However, the majority of the senior managers, etc. in the US are of Indian and Chinese origin ..