View Single Post
Old 28-10-2017, 21:58   #195
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Re: Virgin Media prices are going up again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabaal View Post
My memory may be a bit off but i think i'm still paying roughly what i would have been paying in 2009 for 50mb + phone + basic TV, with the difference being currently on 100mb.

It's fluctuated up and down over the years depending on what offer i've taken up through either retentions or the odd offer they've given out of the blue, such as 200mb, free BTSport or cut price BT Sports, even had the full TV package for free for 6 months at one point from them phoning up and offering.

I grumble and moan about the price rises when they happen but for the most part i've paid round £35-£45 ish for the past 10 years and often having a package worth a lot more than i was paying. If retentions didn't exist i'd be a lot less happy but they do
I suppose that's one way to look at things, but another is that the 50Mbit was the top tier back in 2009 whereas now the 100mbit is the lowest tier. In other words, the only reason you're paying "about the same" is because you've dropped a few tiers along the way.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote