View Single Post
Old 25-10-2017, 23:01   #188
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age
Re: Virgin Media prices are going up again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
It's all a farce, why should you have to the amateur dramatics threaten to leave palava? VM customers will soon qualify for an Equity card ! Well deserved too !

We don't need to do this for any other household service. Gas/Electricity it's easy to change to the cheapest and prices aren't up for negotiation. You just switch, simple. Wish there was a similar open market on Cable suppliers, and switching was as easy. Prices would lower and VM wouldn't get away with these frequent inflation busting price rises. There is Sky but it's a hassle, they know it , and VM and Sky shareholders profit from it. A privatised 'duopoly'. I blame Thatcher/Murdoch/Branson
They realise that the inertia of most customers will let them get away with it and obviously there's no other mainstream cable provider to compete on price (i'm ignoring Sky as in my case the line is painfully slow) so VM are laughing all the way to the bank.
A different sector but I have the same problem with insurance companies sending out ridiculous renewal quotes and I invariably get a quote somewhere else much cheaper which the original will then usually match . Spend my life negotiating with greedy organisations. Really grinds my gears.
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote