View Single Post
Old 10-03-2017, 17:38   #31
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Kursk has disabled reputation
Re: Labour are insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
It's not envy, it's a question of fairness, The young of today aren't getting a fair deal. Will they get free bus rides, winter fuel payments, free tv licences, which current pensioners get regardless of income ?
I don't know, neither do you and nor did current pensioners.

Quote:
Whether they get a state pension isn't a given. Yet they are expected to fund this for current generation of pensionerswho've already been lucky enough to live through the baby boomer era and many also benefit from generous work pensions (another thing the young won't get).
You must have a workplace pension though but yes, that's how it works. 'Lucky' is not a description that applies to the cold war generation (a more appropriate descriptor than the fluffy and lovely sounding 'baby boomer' label). They didn't even have computers, iphones and guaranteed electricity . They had Green Shield stamps for life's little extras along with coal fires and TB.

What the young will get is support from the 'affluent' old baby boomers who will accept as their reward for life long prudence and self-deprivation, a happy, smiley, if somewhat self-absorbed and self-entitled younger generation.

Quote:
p.s. i need a new leader ?? nobody leads me !
You're not a Labour man?
Kursk is offline   Reply With Quote