Thread: US Timeline The Expanse
View Single Post
Old 24-02-2018, 20:41   #85
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: The Expanse

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
My hope was Netflix was doing the same for The Expanse this time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
If only that applied to everything.
we had this discussion about something else around xmas time (I think we were having a whinge about the BBC again and the quality (or lack of) programming) and I said I don't understand why all prime time US series can't be aired the same day on Sky Atlantic or equivalent. There is just no excuse in this day and age. Ironically I cleared up the tv schedule thread earlier but it should be somebody's job to sit down with that list of all the best shows and make sure they appear on a UK channel the next day. There are still too many series which don't air in the UK until after the entire season has finished in the US. Far too many a time when I read my SFX magazine does it say "US air date: 12th July on NBC UK air date: TBC Channel: TBC". You even get readers writing in begging for info hoping that SFX knows more than they do.

Now here's an idea. Another thing we have been doing since Discovery came out is moaning about streaming services and multiple subscriptions. I was going to say that in this day and age distributors that care will make content available online so they don't have to worry about fans being delayed and international broadcasters picking up the series. Rather than having a zillion streaming services and subscriptions, how long do you think it will take for a company like youtube to come around and host everyone's content for one monthly fee and the studios get paid per viewing just like how Spotify works? It doesn't matter who made it or where it comes from, there is one platform which everything can be accessed from. Surely something like that has got to happen in the future because there is no way things can stay as they are.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote