View Single Post
Old 19-09-2017, 14:18   #2634
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhatter67 View Post
I have almost given up on linear channels as I have over 30 saved series links and only 2 are actively recording on my current schedule, does not help that series changes channels!

Never thought I would say this but Netflix blows linear channel out of the water with their original programming, New Star Trek series and they have even got Series 3 of Gotham to view, WOW!
Yes, I've noticed a lot lately that the programme choice on broadcast channels has become very poor in recent times. In fact, the TV & Satellite Week magazine now has a substantial number of write-ups for new programming on Netflix and Amazon.

Reading the current magazine, they have reviews of Star Trek: Discovery (Netflix); Designated Survivor (Netflix); Our Souls at Night (Netflix); Startup (Amazon); and Gerald's Game (Netflix).

The only new dramas the magazine was able to feature on the broadcast channels were The Child in Time (BBC1); The Deuce (Sky Atlantic); and Law & Order True Crime (Sky Living). That is pretty poor in my book and is indicative of the way things are going. 2016/17 was a bad year on broadcast TV - let's hope that 2017/18 is better, although I'm not holding my breath!