View Single Post
Old 28-04-2017, 15:41   #22
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura
Re: Lack of eye contact could be "micro aggressive racism".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
Wait, so they have special "Networks" for BME, DSN and LGBT+ (Wtf is + ?)

They are so two faced and contradictory.
They go on about racism, but have a special Black / Ethnic Network, how discrimatory is that ?
That's what I thought when I read that. Can white staff join it? can they have a White Network?
And wtf is the "Vice-Chancellor’s Diversity Fund" all about?

---------- Post added at 15:41 ---------- Previous post was at 15:40 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Well I make it a point to make long, unbreaking, eye contact with whomever is sitting opposite me on the tube.
Good for you! That should make them feel a lot more comfortable and less threatened.

Quote:
Oxford University has apologised for saying that avoiding eye contact could be "everyday racism" after it was accused of discriminating against autistic people.

But the university was criticised for being "insensitive" to autistic people who can struggle making eye contact.

It said it had made a mistake and not taken disabilities into account.
pmsl
You couldn't make this up